Friday, July 31, 2009

When can I start planting flowers?

I live in Ohio around the columbus area. I want to get some plants and flowers going this year. i was wondering when I should start planting. What does well in this area of the world. Maybe you can tell me yor favorite flowers or shrubs and when to .
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersIf your hardiness zone is 5-after April 15th


If your hardiness zone is 6- after April 1st (These dates are for outside) Columbus falls into both categories.
Reply:I'm in NW Ohio and have lots of success with Iris, Daylilies, Hosta, and Ornamental Grasses. Feel free to check out my website: http://www.gardening-quick-n-easy.com/ea...





My favorites are the Daylilies ... so much variety in the flower colors, shapes and plant sizes. I've got over 40 of them planted in the yard now and plan to add more each year that I have (or can make) room for them.





Up here, our last frost dates can be anywhere between May 1 to May 31. I usually watch accuweather.com beginning the 15th and check the 15 day forecast to find out roughly when I can start putting the new plants in the ground.





Let me know if you need more info or ideas ...





*~ Happy growing! ~*White Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment