Monday, April 20, 2009

I have a small garden in my balcony which frustrates me a lot.I love small plants which bears flowers and?

doen%26#039;t die quickly.Our climate range from 46degrees C during summer to 16C winter.some dies and the rest survives.any suggestions as to what to do to make the plants live longer?????
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersJust an idea for ya, and I do this myself...


If you can get some bubble wrap(the stuff used for packaging) When you get ready to plant your plants, place the bubble wrap in your pot before adding potting soil/planting. This helps with insulation, and protects the roots.
Reply:Use a few large pottery containers or wood boxes so plants have enough room and soil won%26#039;t dry out as quickly as it would in small pots. Check your planting/climate zone to see what is recommended for your area, for example I live in zone 7, with hot dry summers and winters with little snow or sub-freezing weather. Also note how much shade/sun the area gets during the day. If it receives only morning sun, then semi-shade plants are best, even ferns...if it gets only afternoon sun, heat loving plants like herbs would be good.


I prefer annuals such as impatiens and periwinkles and ornamental sweet potatoes in summer, and pansies and hardy herbs in winter.Reebok

No comments:

Post a Comment